Friday, November 07, 2008

Have You Seen a Purple Chicken?

Standing by the edge of a huge freshwater body full of freshwater plants, I felt like I was waiting for the Loch Ness Monster to appear.

The water was a little too shallow for a sizable monster though, and this was certainly no lake in Scotland. The anticipation, however, was just as strong.

This was the second time I was here trying spotting this elusive purple bird. Will I finally see it?

And just then, I heard LK saying, "It's there, I can see its head."

I quickly got the binoculars from her, and indeed, on and off, a purple-coloured head was sticking out among the water plants. It was really far away though, and my camera can't really get a good shot of it.

Perhaps if I do some Photoshop effects, I could possibly really pass it off as the Loch Ness Monster? I have indeed been to Loch Ness a few years ago anyway. Wahahahahaha...

Purple Swamphen (Porphyrio porphyrio)

So officially, I have seen the purple swamphen (Porphyrio porphyrio)!

A miserable shot I got, but still, I was satisfied. I could not even see it on my camera's LCD screen as it was so far and tiny! It was a miracle that I actually managed to get a photo of it when its head popped above the thick layer of water bananas by pure estimation.

Now, when was the last time you see something for the first time?

:P

No comments: